Thursday, December 27, 2012

Out of Commission

Many of you already know that Leah Marie and I are expecting child number three. And you also know that Leah Marie and pregnancy do not mix well. In fact, as much worse as her second pregnancy was compared to the first, this one, so far, shows signs of being that much worse again than number two (that may not make sense). This will be the longest (now) seven months of my life. So what does that say about Leah Marie's experience? I could be upset about how perfect I thought our lives were and how complete we felt our family was. But a new baby is always welcome. Who doesn't like to cuddle with a soft-skinned, puffy-cheeked cuddle bug? The problem is and always has been the deteriorating effects of pregnancy on Leah Marie. It begins with her body, sure, but when one is forced to live the life pregnancy forces her to live, one can imagine the toll it takes on other aspects of her health and life. I could offer countless examples, but I will share one that likely is the furthest from your mind. Leah Marie and I like to entertain. We like to have friends over for food and quality conversations, and the Things like to play with the children of those friends. We also enjoy accepting invitations to dinner and other outings. We are fairly social people, who enjoy the company of others. We enjoy friendships, and we need friendships; and friendships need to be sustained. The problem is that in Leah Marie's current state, any hope of a social life is completely lost. Even if Leah Marie gets on the medication that has helped her in the past, it proved so little effective during her last pregnancy, that there is little hope of it providing enough relief to change anything. Such is our current life, one in which we both sink into seclusion and depression, Leah Marie a little faster than I. Am I not all sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows?

No comments:

Post a Comment