Thursday, August 2, 2012

Breast

Now that I have your attention, I want to talk about the women's water polo incident in the match between Spain and the USA. If you know anything about water polo, you know that it is a physical sport. Sitting in the arena, watching a match reveals very little about what is really going on in the pool. Most of what is happening, happens under the water. Kicking, pushing off, arm locking, grabbing, including the grabbing of bathing suits. That brings us back to the title of this post. NBC aired the match between Spain and the USA live, and the event proved to be much more revealing than expected. And, yes, I happened to see the match to which I am referring. During the competition, the announcers wanted to show viewers some of the under water intensity. They offered a replay that showed a player grab another player's bathing suit that resulted in a full breast shot. People were talking about it all over Twitter and the web. NBC probably should have known better than to show a slow motion replay from under water during such a physical sport. However, calm down everyone. This is not scandalous, and it certainly isn't the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction. It's as innocent as a boob shot as one could ever experience, although the grabbing of the bathing suit might not be so innocent. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment