Saturday, August 4, 2012
The Olympics
After watching an inspirational 10,000 meter final, where training partners (from Great Britain and from the USA) finished 1 and 2, I must say, I love watching the Olympics. First, it was the first time the US has earned a medal in that event in almost 50 years; that was the gold Billy Mills won. Now that is an inspirational story. In fact, I recommend Running Brave, the film about Billy Mills's triumph. That reminds me of another great running film, Chariots of Fire, but after watching the 10,000 meter final, there's nothing that compares to the real thing. The Olympics show, more often than not, all that is right with the world, with humanity in general. It is a place where athletes comes together, root for, and congratulate one another. I love that in competition.
Labels:
Sports
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment