Monday, August 20, 2012

Update on Body's Recovery

I missed early bed time a few nights in the last week, so that has dampened any progress. The fatigue is still ever-present, and it has invaded my mind. I feel like I am on one of those slippery slopes. Am I burned out? Have I over-trained, because of lack of sufficient sleep (and rest and recovery), to that point? I feel like I may be on the verge of a crisis, or I am simply overreacting. I tend to do the latter often, but that doesn't mean I should ignore the possibility of the former. I feel the fatigue chipping away at my once invulnerable motivation. As I have proclaimed in many a post, when I go to the gym, I go to work, plain and simple, but I am concerned that it is starting to feel too much like work. Well, the recovery continues. No runs this week. I will only cruise on the bicycle, lightly, and see if I can't restart myself in the gym tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment