Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Legs

I did a full run yesterday morning for the first time in two weeks, and I am pleased to report that my legs felt great. They had lost the sluggishness and tired-like soreness (I am not sure how else to describe that). This recovery phase, while it has not included the extra sleep I was hoping for (it is still hard to go to bed early when surrounded by the silence of toddlers sleeping), has been a boon to my body. I lifted after that run, and felt more alive and energized. My motivation seems to have returned. A word of warning to my blog fans, recovery is one of the most important parts of fitness, and while I have always known that and scheduled recovery as part of my training, I still seem to have allowed some over-training to creep into my routine. Exercise hard but rest just as hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment