Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Struggling Less is Still Struggling

Sorry, I promise the sleep/recovery updates will become less frequent, but I wanted to report on the first night of going to bed early. It felt good. I am still far from where I need to be. I had a better workout this morning, but I still felt far from 100%. In fact, I have not been even 90% in quite some time. Sometimes I wonder whether I am over-training or under-resting. I can see the benefits of rest, I have always seen them, which is why I have scheduled days off (Sunday as a given, but also usually Wednesdays). I also know the benefits of more and better sleep. And feeling those first hand (thought only a minor improvement) gives me hope that I can be a rock star, super star triathlete again. Again, I have not changed anything. I think that has been the problem. Despite my lack of sleep, despite my exhaustion, I have pushed myself through the same intense workouts. That is the problem. I have not allowed my body to recover, and that results in poor performance and lack of progression. This is exactly why I am on the mission I have reported on the last few days. Here's to another early bed time and hopefully an even better day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment