Saturday, August 25, 2012

Handy Man

In the interest of saving money, I have decided to make myself into more of a handy man. I am perfectly capable of doing a lot of things, but I have waited until now to do some of them because it has simply become more expedient, and I feel as though I am in a better position. Our car is overdue for a tune up and oil change. I have never changed my own oil, which is ridiculous, considering I have done it in hundreds of other vehicles(I spent a good portion of one summer in Utah working for Jiffy Lube). I know exactly what to do, so I have decided to save money. From now on, I will save about 50% on oil changes. As for the tune up, all that is easy enough (new plugs and wires), as is replacing the air filter and fuel filter. So I stocked up on some new tools today, tools that will get the job done. I found a great ratchet set on clearance at Lowe's today. It was a $40 set for $19.95, and I added a $20 set (for $5)  to expand the attachments. I will knock out all this stuff early next week. I hope that will correct the disappointing fuel economy we have managed lately after years of exceptional gas mileage. Well, I need to bed myself, since I keep falling asleep. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment