Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Impromptu Dinners

They don't always work out; therefore, Leah Marie and I had gone the way of the weekly menu ages ago. This helped to focus our shopping trips, making them  quicker and cheaper. The past couple weeks, with the craziness of the move and finding ourselves distracted by the lack of a closing date, our shopping has been efficient, but we have failed to plan out our menus. I had no idea what to make for dinner just about 45 minutes before we ate. Then it came to me. I whipped up some savory mashed sweet potatoes, sauteed vegetables, and baked tilapia. It was one of the best "full meals" I have had in the past few weeks. What added to it was the fresh baked bread I made today. As you may have already guessed, pressed for time (I want to crawl into to bed five minutes ago) and short on simple ideas, I resorted to a food report. If your mouth is watering, I have succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment