Thursday, August 9, 2012

Gun Control

I still want to write my own post on this topic because of how strongly I feel about this issue. I am all for the right to bear arms, but there absolutely must be limitations. I seriously doubt that the founding fathers would approve of some of the weapons people can get their hands on today. Remember, when they wrote the constitution, guns had a single shot capacity. Anyway, I will save the rest of my rant for another day. For now, I encourage you to enjoy another's post on the topic: "The Right to Bear Ridiculousness."

2 comments:

  1. You have to also remember that the founding fathers wanted us to have the right to bear arms to deter the government from abusing us. At the time, the government also had limited weapon technology. Our government now has far more sophisticated weapons; toned down pea shooters, even if owned en mass by the population, wouldn't deter an aggressive government.

    I'm not saying I think I should be allowed to own an M1 Abrams or an F-22, but some people take gun control to the extreme and seemingly want to ban anything more powerful than a nerf gun.

    In the end, talking gun control is like talking religion; to some people, they are one and the same...lol...this isn't something where one side will convert the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly, neither side is likely to convert the other, but we all need to remember that we live in a completely different world. By all means, own a gun, own hundreds with hundreds of thousands of rounds for all I care, but let's make sure there are some strict regulations and that certain weapons are kept out of the hands of the general public.

      Delete