Saturday, August 11, 2012

Speaking Assignments

I love my church calling. It provides the opportunity to meet and serve a lot of new people. It's not without its challenges. Tomorrow I speak in Gretna Branch, an hour and a half drive from home. My family will be with me, which makes it easier, but traveling on Sundays is always rough. I am excited to meet the members of this branch, though. It has been there for a long time, and there are a lot of faithful brothers and sisters. I am also excited to see some new parts of Virginia. This is a beautiful state, and every road trip has the potential to been the scenic route.

On another note, the Olympics end tomorrow, and I will get my life back, so I will be able to concentrate on others things once again. That also means more thoughtful blog posts. Yeah, I know, I have promised that far too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment