Monday, August 13, 2012
Early to Bed?
I am on a need for sleep kick of late, especially since my workout this morning was the most sluggish workout I can remember having. My run felt slow and pathetic. I lifted lower amounts of weight. Exercises that I have mastered destroyed me and left me struggling for breath and to finish. I knew this day of reckoning was coming; it's not like in sneaked up on me. And this morning it hit hard. I felt burned out, whooped, beat, plowed, kicked, smacked, slapped, bamboozled, and any number of other words that I am far too wasted to think up. Something has to change, and I really hope that it is as simple as going to bed earlier. The problem is that I am too far out of the habit. I need days, weeks, perhaps even a month or two of early bedtime nights in order to make up for the utter exhaustion that has encroached too far into my life. The big problem, of course, is that I treasure my nights. When you have two very spirited and passionate Things, life gets a little intense. The quiet nights are too easy to embrace for too long. So I am on a mission to reclaim sleep, to help my body recover, and to find more energy. I will provide periodic updates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment